Re: missing docs for new minor releases - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: missing docs for new minor releases
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2/9/23 12:45 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 6:04 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
> <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 2/9/23 11:37 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>      > On 2/9/23 10:34 AM, Robert Treat wrote:
>      >> I reckon someone may already be working on this, but in case
>     not, FYI
>      >> that the urls linked from the docs section of the website are
>     giving
>      >> 404's...
>      >> ie.
>      >> from-> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/>
>      >> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/>>
>      >> to-> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.7/
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.7/>
>      >> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.7/
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.7/>>
>      >> as well as the other new minor releases.
>      >
>      > This was a caching issue and should now be resolved.
>
>     Barring exceptional circumstances, this two-liner should be the fix for
>     this issue, i.e. operator error.
>
>     When a version record is updated, this will purge from the cache all
>     the
>     release notes associated with that version. We could further limit
>     it to
>     the latest major/minor, but I do want to anticipate any errors that
>     could occur with setting the version record, e.g. an overincrement.
>
>     This also purges the "/docs/release/" page itself, as that needs to
>     contain the updated list of release notes.
>

> It should probably have a trailing slash at the version specific one,
> and probably a terminating dollar?

Well, that was my point. We could make it major/minor version specific,
but actually we do link to all of the minor versions within a tree, e.g.
the right side bar:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/12.13/

So I think it's correct as is.

Thanks,