install failed with "not NTFS filesystem" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josi Perez
Subject install failed with "not NTFS filesystem"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to install a Postgresql 8.1.10 in one external drive (Lacie 150GB, USB connection) attached into a  Windows XP SP2 system. The installation was interrupted with the message:
"PostgreSQL data directory must be on NTFS formatted volume".

The HD Lacie is new and formatted in NTFS.
NTFS is a default on Format Window and I did not change this.
Driver properties show that is an NTFS filesystem: Windows Explorer and Control Panel/Administrative Tools.

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Josi Perez