Re: Replication Syatem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gauri Kanekar
Subject Re: Replication Syatem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thats one of the thingsto be done in near future.
But it need some changes from application point of view. :( ... so just got escalated for that reason.

But for now, which one will be a well suited replication system ?

~ Gauri

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:35 +0530, Gauri Kanekar wrote:
> Peter,
>
> We are doing vacuum full every alternate day. We also do vacuum
> analyze very often.
> We are currently using 8.1.3 version.
> Auto vacuum is already on. But the table1 is so busy that auto vacuum
> don't get sufficient chance to vacuum it :(.

You should seriously consider upgrading to PG 8.3.  There have been
substantial improvements to VACUUM since 8.1

Brad.

--
Regards
Gauri