Re: Extend compatibility of PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Extend compatibility of PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/21/22 09:59, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 1/21/22 02:47, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 06:35:39PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Here's a version that does that and removes some recent bitrot.
>> I have been looking at the full set of features of Cluster.pm and the
>> requirements behind v10 as minimal version supported, and nothing
>> really stands out.
>>
>> +   # old versions of walreceiver just set the application name to
>> +   # `walreceiver'
>>
>> Perhaps this should mention to which older versions this sentence
>> applies?
>

> Will do in the next version. FTR it's versions older than 12.

I'm not sure why this item has been moved to the next CF without any
discussion I could see on the mailing list. It was always my intention
to commit it this time, and I propose to do so tomorrow with the comment
Michael has requested above. The cfbot is still happy with it.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan