Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shashank Tripathi
Subject Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Date
Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
> It's a valid discussion here (although better on -advocacy), because it helps
> me have the right facts to present to clients about whether they should stay
> with a legacy database in MySQL vs upgrading to a modern PostgreSQL.

For all its flaws, MySQL is catching on quick and has a very active
community of developments that several of us find rather handy -
http://forge.mysql.com/

Is there something similar for Pgsql? (Disclaimer: new to this group
because I'm unimpressed with MySQL beyond 30 million rows in a table
that require advanced subqueries).

Shanx