Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: buster-pgdg 13 seems to be broken
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 11/13/20 10:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Christoph may correct me on this later, but "13" is for the beta
> version of 13 I believe, and there is no longer a beta version :)

I do not think so, but I may be wrong, since
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/buster-pgdg/ has versions
all the way back to 8.2 and all of those seem to work. As far as I can
tell from some random samples is that it is only 13 that is broken.

> What exactly does your repo config look like?  Per the apt FAQ it
> should be something like
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main 13
>
> Do you by any chance have it set up with *only* 13, and no main?

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg 13

And the reason I have it like that, which may be misguided, is because I
do not want it to install libpq from PostgreSQL 14 when PostgreSQL 14 is
released. I prefer having everything installed from PostgreSQL 13 if
possible.

Andreas