Re: BUG #4668: Windows installer package - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: BUG #4668: Windows installer package
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Prachi,

the current Version of PostgreSQL is 8.3.x; you should use that.

To solve the problem with "> invalid username specified: logon
failure: unknown username or bad password.", change the password of
the postgres-user in windows to something you know and specify that
password.

You can do this via control panel, administration, computer, users and grou=
ps.

Best wishes,

Harald

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 19:07, Prachi <prachiar2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      4668
> Logged by:          Prachi
> Email address:      prachiar2@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> I had installed Postgres 8.0 on Windows XP but due to some promblem I
> uninstalled it.
>
> Now I am trying to install it again using the same setup i.e.
> postgresql-8.0.msi but it is giving error as
>
> invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown username or bad
> password.
>
> Please help me to solve this bug as it is urgent for me to work on postgr=
es.

> --

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Stra=DFe 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
no fx, no carrier pigeon
-
EuroPython 2009 will take place in Birmingham - Stay tuned!