Re: 10 reasons to entrust your data to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: 10 reasons to entrust your data to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Damien,

I think that reason sheet is an excellent and very helpfull thing!
Just perfect to look, scan and understand.

I would like to suggest an improvement to reason 5:

original:
"""Performance. Numerous studies show that PostgreSQL is able to
compete with the best RDBMS on the marketplace."""

what I do not like: within this argument I get the impression of tow
sets: "the set of the best RDBM on the market" and the other single
element set "PostgreSQL" ... but I am quite sure that Postgres is one
of the best RDBM available. So a distinction of "postgres on the one
side" and "the best RDBMs on the other side" is not possible, as
postgres is on both sides :)

suggestions:
"""Performance. Numerous studies show that PostgreSQL competes
excellent within the best RDBMs on the marketplace"""

or:
"""Performance. Numerous studies show that PostgreSQL is within the
best RDBMs on the marketplace"""

(As I am native German, and I am sure there are numerous people better
in translating German to English:

"""Leistung. Zahlreiceh Studien zeigen, daß PostgreSQL in der Gruppe
der Besten am Leistungswettbewerb der RDBMs teilnimmt."

two more improvements:

a) Once PostgreSQL had the slogan "elephants never forget", do you
think that could be integrated somewhere? (explaining the PostgreSQL
logo and being another reason to entrust your data to PostgreSQL)

b) is this list of reasons allready on one good googlespidered blog
site? those "10 xxx to zzz yyyy""" are very popular, and this list is
really worthy to be popular.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa