Re: when do pg_temp SCHEMAS get purged? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: when do pg_temp SCHEMAS get purged?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

> Those schemas seem to get more and more and more. Is anyprocess taking care
> of purging the ones no longer needed?

We don't bother.  One row in pg_namespace is not worth removing,
especially when it's likely to be needed again someday.

thanks for the information! Now I understand: every backend gets it's own pg_tempxx, that is why in production those number rose fairly quickly; and the pg_tempxx schemas gets recycled after the backend exits.

Now if only I would sell my software after maximum simultanuos concurrend users, I would have a very good, free measurement :)

Thank you very much,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa