Re: Emergency - postgre is not working - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: Emergency - postgre is not working
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello Anika,

please see that we are in different timezones, and I usually try to sleep at night. Please also try to keep your mail on the list, so others can try to help you as well.

Now, dig deeper in the analyzis:

1st) Logon as Admin, checkout services.msc

is there a postgres service running? If not, why not? Any messages there? Try to start the service from service control panel. Check out system event log, application event log.

2nd) where is your PostgreSQL data directory? in a standard installation it is in <program files>\postgres\8.1\data

there should be a log directory within, chechout what is in the youngest logfiles. Maybe post it to the list.

3rd) Try to connect to postgres using psql; that is the command line utilitie

4th) what is Postgresql used for on your computer? "sambc/core.xml" is no application I know connected to "pgadmin". I forwarded your mail to the postgres support list, because propably the problem is NOT connected to the pg-admin

Additional information: the password within the .xml file is most propably the passwort for the user within the database. NOT the postgres Service Account password.  The password of the postgres account should be irrelevant for you, since it is only used for the service to connec.t

Best wishes,

Harald