Re: Question on the 8.0Beta Version - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: Question on the 8.0Beta Version
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> > I have read on the installation note file that postgres server will not
> > run with administrative permissions. I have read on your forum that this
> > happened because i have installed the beta version: is it true that this
> > happen only with the beta version?

It is written by the core developers that "running postgres with admin
privileges" will never be possible. (at least with the official
sources)

It has been discussed in detail; with pro and cons and it was a very
informed decission.

You can read it wihtin the PSQL-Hackers list.

Harald