Failed to connect to database. Procedural languages files are installed,but are not activated in any database. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Failed to connect to database. Procedural languages files are installed,but are not activated in any database.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Failed to connect to database. Procedural languages files are
installed,but are not activated in any database.

Noted error appears on

windows XP, Serice Pack 1

with

postgresql 8.0 beta 1

using the installer.

After that, connection attempts via psql end with

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
       before or while processing the request.

Looking at Service Control Panel, Postgresql is running , within the
data directory a PID-File  is sitting quietly.

The owner of all files within data/ and subdirectories is "postgres"

also pg_admin fails with the same error.

I was running 7.x pre beta on WIN32 before on the same computer.

What can I change to make it work or to help diagnose the problem any furth=
er?

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
Harald Armin Massa