Re: Problem starting the server with Mac OSX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Myshkin LeVine
Subject Re: Problem starting the server with Mac OSX
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Mathias,
            Actually, I did change the /tmp permissions to 1777 after I sent the
last post, but thank you for confirming that that was the right thing
to do. As far as folder ownership, I am not running Mac OSX Server, I
am running the client version and I am the only user. I installed
PostgreSQL to act as a database for just one program, GNU Backgammon.
Is root/wheel the correct owner/group for my system as well, or am I
okay just leaving it as my-user-id/staff?
                        Myshkin