Issue with Centos 5, Postgres 8.3 (RHEL5 build), timezones - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wade Hampton
Subject Issue with Centos 5, Postgres 8.3 (RHEL5 build), timezones
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings!  I am really excited about trying 8.3 for the speedups,
autovacuum, and UUID support.

I am currently testing Postgresql 8.3 on Centos 5.  When I try to run
service postgresql initdb, I get the following error:

WARNING:  could not read time zone file "Default": Permission denied
FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "timezone_abbreviation": "Default"

Which file is it trying to read and how can I fix this?

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton