paging on windows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anshul Dutta
Subject paging on windows
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi All,
Thank you all in advance for your answers.

My application does bulk inserts on a table (50,000 rows concurrently by 10 threads), There are 3 indexes on the table whose update takes a lot of time. (Deleting those indexes speeds up inserts).
One thing I have noticed in my task manager is paging. I have got enough of memory available on the system. The system cache is high. However I still see a lot of paging going on. (PF Delta column for postgres processes in the windows task manager).
 I tried to tweak various postgres settings without any results. Could any one suggest me how can I force postgres to use up the available memory?
I have changed following settings already

shared_buffers
effective_cache_size
work_mem
wal_buffers
commit_delay
checkpoint_segments

Thanks,
rangde.

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security Service and the Macro 4 plc internal virus protection system.