Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)
Date
Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-general

> On Dec 8, 2018, at 3:12 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> On 2018-12-08 12:06:23 -0800, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
>> On RDS PostgreSQL, the default is 25% of your server memory. This seems
>> to be pretty widely accepted as a good starting point on PostgreSQL.
>
> FWIW, I think it's widely cited, but also bad advice.  25% for a OLTP
> workload on a 1TB machine with a database size above 25% is a terrible
> idea.

Sorry, could you please expand “database size above 25%”?  25% of what?

rjs