Help! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ElayaRaja S
Subject Help!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
While configuring OpenCRX by using Postgresql i am facing probmelm.
The problem while creating db using the command ( createdb -h
localhost -E utf8 -U system crx-CRX ) .
Erro:
createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect
to server:    Connection refused     Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting     TCP/IP connections on
port5432?

Details of Platfor that i am using:
1) Linux 9
2) Postgre SQL 7.4.5
Note: I have doubt whether the error is due to my existing Postgresql
7.3. Means while installing linux there is built in postgresql 7.3.
But i am installed postgresql 7.4.5. Plz let me know its very urgent.

--
Warm Regards,

S.ElayaRaja
Mobile:  98450 59540