Re: Just switched to Mac - Postgres.app or Homebrew or some other distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Alex Theodossis
Subject Re: Just switched to Mac - Postgres.app or Homebrew or some other distribution?
Date
Re: Just switched to Mac - Postgres.app or Homebrew or some other distribution?  (Simon Connah <simon.n.connah@protonmail.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

Not sure why you want to run the database from a mac? Just being curious

Much better running from a server? You can get a cloud server with your
choice of OS (I suggest Fedora or Arch) from linode for $20/month to do
your testing? It comes with 80GB data storage. If your data needs are
substantial and on prem server with zfs (again arch as the base system)
will be more suitable.

Macs are great (I have been a user for decades), but they 'cripple'
Unix, so you don't get the full advantage.

Alex Theodossis
alex@dossi.info