Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/13/17 23:53, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> To summary, I think we now have only one issue; ALTER SUBSCRIPTION is
> not transactional, 0004 patch is addressing this issue .

We have two competing patches for this issue.  This patch moves the
killing to the end of the DDL transaction.  Your earlier patch makes the
tablesync work itself responsible for exiting.  Do you wish to comment
which direction to pursue?  (Doing both might also be an option?)