Re: Incorrect estimates on correlated filters - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Decibel!
Subject Re: Incorrect estimates on correlated filters
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Aug 13, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Chris Kratz wrote:
> Yes, I know hints are frowned upon around here.  Though, I'd love
> to have them or something equivalent on this particular query just
> so the customer can run their important reports.  As it is, it's
> unrunnable.

Actually, now that I think about it the last time this was brought up
there was discussion about something that doesn't force a particular
execution method, but instead provides improved information to the
planner. It might be worth pursuing that, as I think there was less
opposition to it.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Attachment