Re: [HACKERS] views and group by (formerly: create view as selec - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] views and group by (formerly: create view as selec
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I now get.  I am sure it instills confidence in our users:
>     ERROR:  union_planner: query is marked hasAggs, but I don't see any

Yes :-(.  I've been waiting for Jan to respond to the issue --- I think
this is a rewriter problem, so I wanted to know whether he could do
anything with it.  (See my message "GROUP BY fixes committed" dated
02 May 1999 20:54:30 -0400.)

It'd be possible to work around this problem inside the planner, by not
believing what the rewriter says about either resnos or hasAggs, but
that seems like a kluge rather than a fix.