Password authentication failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Suresh Nimbalkar
Subject Password authentication failed
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I am a complete newbee to Postgres. Have installed Postgres on Windows 2003 server SP1 a week back. When I try to log-in to the server (by writting psql mydb at command prompt in postgres/bin directory), I keep getting a message "psal: FATAL: password authentication failed for user"Administrator".

I have installed Postgres as an Administrator and log-in to the server as administrator. I don't think I am making mistake in entering the password.

It's quite frustrating. Will someone please help?

Thanks and regards
Vedsur

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.