Re: statistics for shared catalogs not updated when autovacuum is off - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: statistics for shared catalogs not updated when autovacuum is off
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> True, although I'm not sure if adding a dependency on IsSharedRelation()
>> here is a good thing.  In any case, you took the dependency too far ...

> OK. It seemed more simple to me to have the dependency on catalog.h to
> avoid two lookups. But I won't fight for it either.

Well, it might be worth doing, but I think it's a distinct patch.

> I am going to look at the second patch you sent.

OK.  I'm going to work on replacing the DBWriteRequest structure with
an OID list, and on improving the comments some more, but I don't
anticipate further functional changes.