Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Claes Jakobsson
Subject Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20 mar 2012, at 13.08, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 20.03.2012 11:10, Claes Jakobsson wrote:
>>
>> Personally I'd love a type 2 JDBC driver for PostgreSQL.
>
> Why?

listen/notify over SSL for example unless that's been fixed in the JDBC driver recently. And I'm sure there are other
thingsin libpq that would be nice to have.

As mainly a Perl dude which uses libpq via DBD::Pg I find it odd that the Java people doesn't do the same instead of
reimplementingeverything.

Cheers,
/Claes