Re: PG "Users" page?

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: PG "Users" page?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

PG "Users" page?  (Justin Clift, )
 Re: PG "Users" page?  (Dave Page, )
  Re: PG "Users" page?  (Justin Clift, )
   Re: PG "Users" page?  (Dave Page, )
    Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: PG "Users" page?  ("Gilberto Castillo", )
  Re: PG "Users" page?  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: PG "Users" page?  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
    Re: PG "Users" page?  (Damien Clochard, )
     Re: PG "Users" page?  (Petr Jelinek, )

On 11 Sep 2016, at 17:27, Justin Clift <> wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2016, at 17:14, Dave Page <> wrote:
>>> On 11 Sep 2016, at 16:55, Justin Clift <> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi us,
>>>
>>> Just noticed that our Featured Users page has “Sun Microsystems” listed:
>>>
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
>>> (Under “Technology” at the bottom)
>>>
>>> Should we update that to say “Oracle” :D … or maybe just nuke that entry?
>>
>> That page is completely unmaintained. I proposed removing it a couple of years back, but was met with strong
objectionscoupled with a complete lack of volunteers to actually do the work to keep it up to date.

>> I strongly feel it should be removed still - it is probably responsible for 25% of emails to webmaster@ from random
companiesrequesting inclusion.

> Do they seem like legit requests, or more like companies not really using
> PG?
>
> If it seems like the 2nd, maybe we could have a policy like this?
>
>  “We’re happy to include any company here who actively helps out on
>   our mailing lists, and describes in detail their PostgreSQL usage
>   on their website.”
>
> That’s coming from a “lets set a high bar to meet” perspective, which
> might help weed out nuisance requests. :)

Thinking more into the lack of website volunteers, maybe the above
concept should include “actively helps out with our website” too?

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi