Re: Preliminary GSSAPI Patches - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Henry B. Hotz
Subject Re: Preliminary GSSAPI Patches
Date
List pgsql-patches
These patches are updated as discussed to remove the incomplete
feature.  Unfortunately I have a wedding to go to this weekend and
won't get them tested until next week.  Will post when I've done so.

On Mar 31, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> These patches have been reasonably tested (and cross-tested) on
> Solaris 9 (SPARC) and MacOS 10.4 (both G4 and Intel) with the
> native GSSAPI libraries.  They implement the gss-np and
> (incompletely) the gss authentication methods.  Unlike the current
> krb5 method gssapi has native support in Java and (with the SSPI)
> on Windows.
>
> I still have bugs in the security layer for the gss method.
> Hopefully will finish getting them ironed out today or tomorrow.
>
> Documentation is in the README.GSSAPI file.  Make sure you get it
> created when you apply the patches.
>
> <gss.patches.gz>

Just to cover the legal bases:  I don't consider these changes to be
significant enough to require the involvement of the JPL clearance
process.  JPL has already ruled that they do not fall afoul of any
ITAR restrictions.

I am not imposing any license restrictions myself either, but some
credit in the release notes, or wherever, would be appreciated.

Attachment