Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization
Date
List pgsql-performance
Benjamin Minshall <minshall@intellicon.biz> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> How many tables are visible in the pg_stats views?

> There are about 15 databases in the cluster each with around 90 tables.
>   A count of pg_stats yields between 500 and 800 rows in each database.

Sorry, I was imprecise.  The view "pg_stats" doesn't have anything to do
with the stats collector; what I was interested in was the contents of
the "pg_stat_xxx" and "pg_statio_xxx" views.  It'd be enough to check
pg_stat_all_indexes and pg_stat_all_tables, probably.  Also, do you have
the 8.1 installation still available to get the comparable counts there?

            regards, tom lane