Re: Autovacuum, too often? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: Autovacuum, too often?
Date
List pgsql-general
> From: Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>

> Maybe that's not _always_ the right answer, but it
> seems to be a good
> answer 99% of the time.  Sounds like your developers are
> using the
> database for what it was intended for, instead of just
> doing single
> row selects like a lot of amateurs I've come across.

In some places I agree it's totally valid, but in a lot of cases here it's just unnecessary.  They have a set of really
flexiblepre written routines to sort datasets in the application, and I'm talking really stupid use here - like having
asmall list of items in an array where an array sort could be done, but instead writing it all back and reading it
again.constantly.