Re: What does this configure warning mean? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What does this configure warning mean?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 15:06 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I take it "official distribution" means "tarball" as different from a
>> copy obtained thru CVS.

> Maybe "If you are using an official release tarball of PostgreSQL", or
> "an official release source code archive of PostgreSQL" if we want to
> avoid the term "tarball".

How about "officially released copy"?  I agree that "tarball" isn't going
to do here because some people won't understand it, but "source code
archive" is just going to annoy the hackers and probably still confuse
those who don't know "tarball".