Re: Patch: log level change in gistsplit.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: log level change in gistsplit.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Hansen <josh.hansen@zonarsystems.com> writes:
> We've been seeing these same messages flying by our logs for years:

> 2012-12-13 22:28:07 GMT LOG:  picksplit method for column 2 of index "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_idx" doesn't support secondary
split

> I see from the linked message that Tom Lane made the recommendation of changing the loglevel from LOG to DEBUG1. As
such,I've gone ahead and made this change and attached the patch file.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg01810.php

I got annoyed by this message again while poking at gistsplit bugs this
week, so done for 9.3.