Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> I'm not sure if you're interested, but my 2c speaking as a user would be for
> tab completion to include all variables.

OK, I'm clearly outvoted on this one.  How about we make SHOW
tab-complete everything listed in pg_settings, while SET/RESET
tab-complete everything that's USERSET or SUSET?

(We could probably even make it suppress SUSET if you aren't superuser,
but I'm not sure if that's worth the trouble.)