Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log.
Date
In response to Re: BUG #14419: DB connections fails with "could not reserve shared memory region" in postgresql log.  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 12/11/2016 05:57, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Julien Rouhaud
> <julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
>> FWIW, there was 3 reports for this issue on french board in the last few
>> days (including pg 9.3.3 and 9.5.5), I think all of them on W7.
>
> It may be a good idea to check if ASLR is really enabled. Win2k8 R2
> and Win7 SP1 have introduced the "force ASLR" feature...

I just asked and provided a link to this thread.  I'll provide any new
information.

> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639308
> Not sure if that's related directly to that, but the reports popping
> up with the latest versions of Win7 and win2k8 are pointing out to
> something that the OS changed...

Definitely.

--
Julien Rouhaud