Re: availability of SATA vendors - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bucky Jordan
Subject Re: availability of SATA vendors
Date
List pgsql-performance

> I could only find the 6 disk RAID5 numbers in the archives that were
run
> with
> bonnie++1.03.  Have you run the RAID10 tests since?  Did you settle on
6
> disk
> RAID5 or 2xRAID1 + 4XRAID10?

Unfortunately most of the tests were run with bonnie 1.9 since they were
before I realized that people didn't use the latest version. If I get
the chance to run additional tests, I'll post bonnie++ 1.03 numbers.

We ended up going with 6xRaid5 since we need as much storage as we can
get at the moment.

While I'm at it, if I have time I'll run pgbench with pg_log on a
separate RAID1, and one with it on a RAID10x6, but I don't know how
useful those results will be.

Thanks,

Bucky