Re: Context switch storm - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bucky Jordan
Subject Re: Context switch storm
Date
List pgsql-performance
> a) order Opterons. That doesn't solve the overload problem as such,
> but these pesky cs storms seems to have gone away this way.

I haven't run into context switch storms or similar issues with the new
Intel Woodcrests (yet.. they're still pretty new and not yet under real
production load), has anyone else had any more experience with these
(good/bad)? From what I understand, the memory architecture is quite a
bit different than the Xeon, and they got rid of Hyperthreading in favor
of the dual core with shared cache.

If/when I run into the issue, I'll be sure to post, but I was wondering
if anyone had gotten there first.

Thanks,
- Bucky