Re: contrib compilation probs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib compilation probs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> These files are created when --enable-depend is on.  The problem appears
> to be that the Makefile is trying to create files in a directory not its
> own.  You cannot do that; it creates all kinds of problems in complex
> installation setups.

I was afraid it was something like that.  Can we leave the directory
structure as-is and just make the .o (and .d) files get built in the
upper directory, that isgcc ... -o english_stem.o snowball/english_stem.c
?  Or must we go the full nine yards and make sub-Makefiles in the
subdirectories?