Re: Import .sql file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz]
Subject Re: Import .sql file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear Sudhakar ,

Please do CC mails to the list also as their are much more PoetgreSQL
enlightened individuals out their than me.

> When i run the sql command, i am getting into the following errors. I'll
> appreciate if you guide me.
>
> [C:\Program Files\PowerGres\bin]psql -U postgres cms -f Metadata.sql
> psql:Metadata.sql:5: ERROR:  namespace "public" already exists
> COMMENT
> psql:Metadata.sql:14: ERROR:  function public.plpgsql_call_handler() doesn't
> exist

It looks as if you are restoring a database schema.
In this case you would have to seperate your Languages, Functions ,
Tables , Seqeneces , types from the Metadata file.

Then execute the before mentioned command with the sequence mentioned above.

--
With Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.