Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Pavel Raiskup
Subject Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Friday 22 of January 2016 08:32:25 Dave Cramer wrote:
> As I said this is a maven artifact.

Thanks for explanation.

> We actually don't expect anyone to build from a tarball.

Than you can count us in :) we were always tarball consumers.  Building
from source is essential.  If you could provide source tarball, that would
be perfect not only for us.

> The recommended way to build is to pull from github. However I'm sensing
> that you have a requirement to build from a tarball?

No :) tarball is not strict requirement, basically any well-known format
works well.  The strict requirement is just to build from source which is
"signed-off-by" upstream.  By that I mean that it is clear that the
package comes from your hands (upstream).  Anybody should be able to get
that tarball without problems to check that I (as a packager) do not
cheat.

Pavel