Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems
Date
List pgsql-performance
Craig James schrieb am 25.05.2018 um 03:27:
>     What would the list think of a web form for submitting problems the performance
>     list, similar to the pgsql-bugs form?
>
>     Alternately, or perhaps additionally, a script (hopefully bundled with
>     postgres) which collects at least the non-query specific info and probably
>     creates .logfile file for attachment.
>
>     I assume fields would be mostly the content/questions off the SlowQuery wiki
>     page, plus everything else asked with any frequency.
>
>     There could also be "required" fields..
>
> Is there something wrong with this email group? I actually to like
> it. Low tech, but it works. If you think such a web site would be
> good, you might explain the benefits over a simple email list like
> this one (which is archived and easily searchable via Google).

I don't think anything is wrong with the list, and I assume neither does
Justin.

But occasionally the bug submit form is misused for troubleshooting
performance problems "Bug #42: Query is too slow"

I could imagine that having a separate form to report performance problems
and asking for different pieces of information which then sends that to this
list (instead of bugs) isn't a bad idea.

However I am not sure that the frequency of the bug-list misuse warrants that.

Thomas