Re: fixes for the Danish locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fixes for the Danish locale
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Nah, we have a hard enough time with reproducibility of buildfarm results
>> without deliberately injecting transient failures.

> It could be pseudo-random, and so deterministic per buildfarm animal.
> That's what I did.

I'm not impressed with that proposal either --- then we don't even have
any control over what set of locales are getting tested.

Note that there are certain locales we've deliberately chosen not to
support in some regression tests (see e.g. plpython_unicode.sql), so
I'm not really willing to buy into the idea that "any random locale found
on a buildfarm animal should work" anyway.  I'm much more interested in
supporting locales that someone cares enough about to configure a
buildfarm animal for.