Re: Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9
Date
List pgsql-general
Mahdi Mankai <mahdi.mankai@fuegoondemand.com> writes:
> I created a database dumb using pg_dump on Postgres 8.3.6. After that I tried to import the same database into a
Postgres9.0 install. Everything worked fine except some image blobs. Some of them seem to be corrupt.

I doubt this is a bytea_escape problem.  In the first place that would
only affect output from the new server, not input into it; and in the
second place, if that were the issue, it would probably result in *all*
your blobs being messed up not just a small number of them.  We need
a lot more details than this to offer any help.

            regards, tom lane