Re: default client_encoding with psql on windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: default client_encoding with psql on windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 8, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Thomas Sondag wrote:

> I tried various things with the --set option of psql without
> success, like
> --set client_encoding=win1252 or --set CLIENT_ENCODING=win1252 or --
> set encoding=win1252.

The variables are case sensitive, so it looks like you left out the
right one. The docs say the psql variable is ENCODING (all caps).

If that does not work maybe you could call \encoding in the psqlrc file?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL