Re: PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PG 15 downloads
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/18/22 01:15, Dave Page wrote:

>     Regardless of who is managing them, surely the person in charge of
>     it should be on this list to be able to answer questions etc.
>

> You're suggesting the person in charge of the EDB website should be on
> this mailing list on the off-chance we decide to have a discussion about
> adding an API or file to the EDB site? That seems excessive, given this
> or anything like it has happened once in 15+ years.

No, so they can be part of the conversation period so we don't have to
wait for some intra-company communication/process to take place.

>     And I'm sure they have the technical skills to publish a json file
>     even without your oversight :)
>

> Of course they do. The question is one of prioritising the work, which
> unless it's an issue with the download pages not working etc. I have
> very little sway over.

Th solution would be to move these downloads to the PGDG infrastructure
and not have to wait on a company that makes it's money off Postgres
getting around to prioritizing supporting Postgres.

FYI, to be fair I also think the Apt repo not being updated on time is
also bad. A release date is release date. Announcing to the world a
version is available and not have it there is not good.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com