Re: bugs and bug tracking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bugs and bug tracking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I *really* don't like the idea of rewriting the From/To completely to
> force all mail through a relay and I'm pretty sure that "fix" would be
> far worse than the problem.

Agreed; but adding a Reply-To: header seems quite reasonable.  (Unless
gmail ignores that, which I wouldn't put past it ...)

> One thing which can be easily done with debbugs is that someone can
> forward or bounce the direct email they receive from the user to the
> bug#@bugs address and have the info added, if the user removed the bug
> email address.

Right.  But that requires the recipient to pay close attention to the
message's cc list, which I have to confess I seldom do.  Still, it's
better than nothing.