Re: ERROR: (host) should be replaced by (hostnogssenc). - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: (host) should be replaced by (hostnogssenc).
Date
List pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> Under the topic "Encrypting Data Across A Network", I think there seems to
> be a documentation error.

> ERROR: (host) should be replaced by (hostnogssenc).

> The pg_hba.conf file allows administrators to specify which hosts can use
> non-encrypted connections (host) and which require GSSAPI-encrypted
> connections (hostgssenc). Also, clients can specify that they connect to
> servers only on GSSAPI-encrypted connections (gssencmode=require).

I think it's correct as it stands.  hostnogssenc would have the semantics
"hosts that MUST use non-encrypted connections".

If that were actually a useful option, maybe it would be worth lengthening
this description to mention all three options ... but it seems OK as-is to
me.

            regards, tom lane