Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 28 Nov 2019, at 02:26, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I have applied the patch, with improved wording.  I only applied this to
> PG 13 since I was worried old tools might be checking for the old error
> text.  Should this be backpatched more?

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there are lots of inhouse
tooling for pg_upgrade orchestration which grep for specific messages.
Stopping at 13 seems perfectly reasonable for this change.

cheers ./daniel