Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress help output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress help output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I have been annoyed at least twice now by the lack of pg_regress command
> line help output for the "--bindir=<path>" option. In passing I noted
> that there was no output for "--help" or "--version" options either.

> Any objections to the attached?

+1 for documenting it, but the phrasing seems a bit awkward:

!     printf(_("      --bindir=BINPATH          use BINPATH for programs that are run;\n"));
!     printf(_("                                if BINPATH empty, use PATH from the environment\n"));

Maybe just "if empty, use PATH ..." ?

Also, why is the patch apparently changing whitespace in all the help
lines?  Seems like that will create a lot of make-work for translators.