Re: BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> So basically the key phrase in that paragraph is "by default".  The reader
> is intended to take that to mean "with only the schemas created by initdb".

There are actually three assumptions underlying "by default":
1. You haven't changed the default search_path setting.
2. You haven't created a schema matching your own username.
3. You haven't removed the public schema.

The section after this one goes into these details.  I don't think that
explaining them all right here would be an improvement in readability.
You have to start somewhere ...

            regards, tom lane