Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
> 2013/11/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> There's no possible way you'll finish this for 9.4.

> Yes, I understand it is not possible to submit whole of the patch until
> CF3 deadline. So, I'd like to find out a way to implement it as an
> extension using facilities being supported or to be enhanced on v9.4.

Oh!  Okay, I misunderstood the context --- you meant this as an example
use-case for the custom plan feature, right?  Makes more sense now.

I'm still dubious that it'd actually be very useful in itself, but it
seems reasonable as a test case to make sure that a set of hooks for
custom plans are sufficient to do something useful with.