Re: Fwd: Problem with a "complex" upsert - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fwd: Problem with a "complex" upsert
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
> On 3 August 2018 at 19:46, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Are you planning to push a version of this soon? It'd be good to
>> get this included in the next set of releases...

> Yes, agreed. I'll try to do it this weekend.

Keep in mind that we are hard up against the release deadline.
This is a bad weekend to be pushing anything you are not 100.00%
sure of; the later, the more so, as by Sunday you will probably not
get a complete set of buildfarm reports before the wrap happens.

Balance the risks of shipping a broken release vs. waiting one
more quarter to ship the fix.  After a quick look at the size
of the patch, my own inclination if I were the committer would
be to wait till after the releases are out.  Or you might
consider pushing only to 11+HEAD, with the expectation of
back-patching later after we've gotten some beta results.

            regards, tom lane