Phantom user in db--'128' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Taber, Mark
Subject Phantom user in db--'128'
Date
List pgsql-general

I posted this earlier, and got no responses.
While using pg_dump and pg_restore (or attempting to restore, more precisely), the process failed because of a missing user, user '128'. I never created such a user, and when going to Privileges, such a user does not exist in the list. However, while going out and checking some of the tables, this user shows up as a user with privileges on them (however, not on all tables). How do I get rid of this user? And how do I ensure that it doesn't get created again?  I'd like to understand what is really going on before hacking the user table.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Taber
State of California
Department of Finance